FLYTE partners with high schools from underserved areas across the United States. We seek out educators who want to connect their students to the world and exemplify a commitment to global leadership, cultural exchange, and service learning. We look to fund trips that are well outlined and thought out with clear educational and cultural goals.
Our ideal school partner meets the following requirements:
- The proposed trip clearly aligns with the learning objectives of your academic coursework, and you can demonstrate how the trip will enhance your classroom curriculum.
- The trip will have a central service learning component which will involve collaboration with local NGOs or non-profits in the selected destination.
- Student participants will be between the ages of 14 and 18 at the time of the trip.
- At least 40% of the students are receiving free or reduced price lunch.
- The trip will have between 15 to 20 students.
- Schools will be able to have at least 3 chaperones for the trip.
- All of the students are legal residents of the United States.
- You have the support of your school administration and leadership and understand the approval process your district requires to take students abroad.
- You agree to meet program expectations, outlined in the application.
We have a rigorous application process and will ask that you provide clear educational goals for your trip and it is important that you have the support of your school administration. Parents will also need to sign release forms for their children.
Our Summer 2020 Application Period is now open. Click here to download the application. The deadline is midnight EST on Friday, January 17th.